Guided cycling holiday dedicated to those who want to get in touch with the territory, the local culture and its people. Salento is in the southeastern region of Italy, lying in the so-called “heel of the boot”. Situated in the centre of the Mediterranean Sea, this region is filled with memories of the different civilisations that inhabited it. Crossing Salento on a bicycle is like cycling through an open-air museum. Prehistoric Dolmen, Byzantine shrines hidden in the caves, Baroque cathedrals, and secluded corners of the coast… are all but a few of the things you can see when visiting this area. Salento is also internationally renowned for its characteristic cuisine, which combines flavours from the sea and the earth and the fantastic rhythm of its folk music. This is a full-blown bicycle trip with guided tours, stops at sea, tastings … and more over an intensive Italian course held by professional teachers. The teachers ride with you all day, allowing you total immersion in the Italian language. To participate, it is not necessary to have studied Italian first. You can also be an absolute beginner (during lessons, the group is divided into two: beginners and medium / advanced), you need to want to learn and laugh at yourself. Classes are held in the pine forest, in the olive groves, on the terraces of the farms, in an informal atmosphere
- Salento is a region that is almost completely flat, making the ride a pleasant journey for any level of rider
- We will be cycling approximately 30 km a day (around 3 hours of leisurely cycling)
- Crossing secondary roads, with sea-breaks, guided visits and Italian lessons the tour follows the philosophy of “slow moving” to fully enjoy the surrounding landscape and culture with all its different
- The tour is suitable for anyone with a minimum of training.
- We will take care of your luggage while you are cycling
- Suitable for every age from 12 years old and any fitness
- Opportunity to upgrade to E-bike